- Parent access window: February 6-17, 2017
- Access at: https://sis.henrico.k12.va.us/public/home.html
- Parents will be required to login to the PowerSchool portal. New users will be asked to create an account.
- Once successfully logged into PowerSchool, parents will be expected to review and accept the recommended academic courses and select elective courses through the parent portal.
- Rising seventh and eighth grade students
- After reviewing and accepting the teachers’ academic recommendations, please select two electives and one back-up alternate.
- Rising ninth grade students
- After reviewing and accepting the teachers’ academic recommendations, please select two electives (a world language class will count as one elective) and the number of back-up alternates requested on your screen.
- Rising ninth graders signing up for the online P.E. lottery, please be sure that your alternate is the course you want to take to replace the yearlong P.E. class.
- Students who were unable to attend the January 28 testing session due to school/sports activity or religious reasons will be offered a make-up opportunity based on availability.
- This make-up test will be held February 14 at MLWGS from 8:00 am-1:00 pm.
- Written permission to attend the makeup test must have been submitted in writing by December 9 to the Gifted Specialist, Gifted Education Programs, 3820 Nine Mile Road, Richmond, VA 23223.
- Note: If a student becomes ill or a family emergency occurs and is unable to attend the testing session on January 28, the parent must notify the gifted program office no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, January 30 in order to reschedule testing.
- January 28, 2017 Students are required to attend the testing session from 8:00 am-1:00 pm at MLWGS, 1000 North Lombardy Street
Visit the Governor’s School website at www.gsgis.k12.va.us
Those students interested in completing HPE (Health and Physical Education) online (May 30th- August 1st) need to sign up the for the LOTTERY Feb 13-Mar 3rd. Students will sign-up online by accessing http://tinyurl.com/onlinehpe2017.
Information regarding HPE Online will be held at the following two dates/time/locations:
Varina HS – Feb 7th @ 7:00PM
Godwin HS – Feb 8th @ 7:00 PM
Once student is accepted into the lottery, registration date is March 20th-31st. Registration and payment ($300) occur at SPMS counseling office
Center For Arts Audition Requirements can be found by clicking the link below
The Deep Run HS School Counseling Department is offering several programs on Wednesday, February 1st – please join us (at DRHS) for:
- 5:00pm-6:30 pm – ELECTIVE FAIR– Find out about exciting high school electives, meet a few DRHS teachers & students.
- 5:00pm – “Creating a Freshman Schedule & Graduation Requirements”. Presented in the auditorium for rising 9th grade students & parents.
- 6:30-7pm – PSAT INTERPRETATION – PSAT RESULTS will be handed out to all who attend.
- 7:00-8pm – AP Panel– learn about AP courses offered at DRHS, summer work and how NOT to be overloaded with AP courses.
Tuesday, February 7th. 3:45-7:00PM. Directions for online sign-up will be sent out soon. Please reserve the date.
- Specialty Center online applications will be available November 21st
- Applicant Process Student/Parent – http://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/integrateddatasystems/specialty-center-online-application/student_parent/
- Online Portal opens on 11/21.
- Parents must complete the Authorization and Waiver Form before a student will have access to the online portal. This can be done through the Power School Parent Portal. See Specialty Center (star icon) menu on the left.
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal Specialty Center Link is scheduled to open on Monday, November 21st. This is where the parent can login and complete the online permission and waiver form for their 8th grade student.
- Students cannot access the system until a Permission/Waiver Form is on file. Once the permission form is submitted online, it will be 24 hours before they can access the Spec App Site.
- If a parent can not access the online system, the counselor can provide a manual form to the parent (See Blog). Upon completion, the counselor would login to PowerSchool and update the flag for that student. Once the permission form and waiver flag is set in PS, it will be 24 hours before the student can access the system.
CodeRVA High School will be providing four informational sessions on two dates. Attendance at these events is not required for applicants. Registration is not required.
November 29, 2016
Highland Springs High School Library
15 S Oak Ave, Highland Springs, VA 23075
Session I: 5:30-6:30
Session II: 6:45-7:45
December 1, 2016
Thomas Dale High School (Main Campus) Library
3626 W Hundred Rd, Chester, VA 23831
Session I: 5:30-6:30
Session II: 6:45-7:45
Additional information about CodeRVA and FAQ may be accessed on the coderva.org website.
We continue to collect Box Tops for the General Mills Box Tops for Education program. Our school library earns $.10 for each Box Top we turn in. We have been able to purchase iPads, tripod adaptors, art supplies for projects, and other educational items for our students to use in the library with this money. This year, we are working towards creating a “curiosity cubby” in the library with activities to “Spark the Curiosity” of our students. We would like to add things such as Makey Makeys, green screen and stop motion animation materials, Bloxels, Gizmos and Gadgets kits, and more. Help us build this by sending in those Box Tops.
It’s the beginning of the sick season…allergies, colds, flu, stomach viruses are active in our area right now. Please keep in mind that students should not be in school if they have the following:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees or greater in the last 24 hours (before taking a fever reducing
- Vomiting or has diarrhea because of illness in the last 24 hours.
- An unknown rash or possible contagious condition.
- Are unable to focus due to: pain, chronic health condition, and acute illness.
- Has flu-like illness (with or without fever) — headache, tired, cough, aches, weakness, sore throat.
Please be prompt when picking up your ill or injured child in order to minimize their chance of spreading or acquiring a contagious illness.
A child should be free of symptoms of contagious disease (fever, vomiting, diarrhea, suspicious rash, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school. Please contact our school nurse, Genevieve Bragg, RN, if you have any questions or concerns at 804-360-0800 ext. 3.