We continue to collect Box Tops for the General Mills Box Tops for Education program. Our school library earns $.10 for each Box Top we turn in. We have been able to purchase iPads, tripod adaptors, art supplies for projects, and other educational items for our students to use in the library with this money. This year, we are working towards creating a “curiosity cubby” in the library with activities to “Spark the Curiosity” of our students. We would like to add things such as Makey Makeys, green screen and stop motion animation materials, Bloxels, Gizmos and Gadgets kits, and more. Help us build this by sending in those Box Tops.
It’s the beginning of the sick season…allergies, colds, flu, stomach viruses are active in our area right now. Please keep in mind that students should not be in school if they have the following:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees or greater in the last 24 hours (before taking a fever reducing
- Vomiting or has diarrhea because of illness in the last 24 hours.
- An unknown rash or possible contagious condition.
- Are unable to focus due to: pain, chronic health condition, and acute illness.
- Has flu-like illness (with or without fever) — headache, tired, cough, aches, weakness, sore throat.
Please be prompt when picking up your ill or injured child in order to minimize their chance of spreading or acquiring a contagious illness.
A child should be free of symptoms of contagious disease (fever, vomiting, diarrhea, suspicious rash, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school. Please contact our school nurse, Genevieve Bragg, RN, if you have any questions or concerns at 804-360-0800 ext. 3.