It’s the beginning of the sick season…allergies, colds, flu, stomach viruses are active in our area right now. Please keep in mind that students should not be in school if they have the following:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees or greater in the last 24 hours (before taking a fever reducing
- Vomiting or has diarrhea because of illness in the last 24 hours.
- An unknown rash or possible contagious condition.
- Are unable to focus due to: pain, chronic health condition, and acute illness.
- Has flu-like illness (with or without fever) — headache, tired, cough, aches, weakness, sore throat.
Please be prompt when picking up your ill or injured child in order to minimize their chance of spreading or acquiring a contagious illness.
A child should be free of symptoms of contagious disease (fever, vomiting, diarrhea, suspicious rash, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school. Please contact our school nurse, Genevieve Bragg, RN, if you have any questions or concerns at 804-360-0800 ext. 3.
SPMS has a Clothing to Cash bin on our school grounds. The white bin is conveniently located on the curb of the first parking lot as one enters the school grounds. The goal is to FILL our collection bin weekly with clothing, shoes and other textiles. SPMS will be paid for every pound we collect! So please help earn the school money as you clean out closets!